Dedicated Miami Maritime Lawyer Helps Victims of Maritime Accidents
Experienced maritime law expert represents clients worldwide
Whether you are at sea for work or pleasure, a shipboard incident can cause devastating harm. Meister Law is committed to providing our clients with top-quality legal representation in all types of maritime law issues. Attorney Tonya Meister is a Florida board-certified specialist in admiralty and maritime law. She represents clients from around the world in state and federal courts in Florida and also handles foreign arbitrations. Attorney Meister has served in leadership positions with important legal organizations’ admiralty sections, conducted lectures for maritime education programs and has been published in scholarly maritime materials. Attorney Meister has represented seafarer ministries throughout the United States and an international seafarer union to protect crew members’ legal rights. She also participated in a landmark case before the U.S. Supreme Court that helped to protect the rights of seafarers around the world.
Knowledgeable adviser delivers caring counsel to people injured at sea
Meister Law represents clients from around the world in litigation relating to:
- Boating accidents— If you have been hurt or your loved one was killed in a boating accident, Attorney Meister has the expertise and skill in maritime law to help you navigate the legal complexities for the maximum compensation.
- Cruise ship passenger injuries— Attorney Meister assists victims of cruise ship injuries and death from various types of accidents, including trip or slip and fall accidents, improper medical care, sexual assault or rape, and shore excursion accidents.
- Seafarers’ legal rights— As a former seafarer, Attorney Meister understands the unique challenges of working at sea. She stands up for seafarers’ legal rights when crew members are injured or killed, do not receive timely pay or employment benefits, or are wrongfully terminated. She represents seafarers in all industries, including those working on yachts, cruise ships, tugs, cargo ships, ferry boats and casino boats.
- Admiralty and maritime law— In a full range of admiralty and maritime law matters, Meister Law has a proven track record of success in Florida state and federal courts and in foreign and domestic arbitration.
- Marine environmental law— Meister Law advises clients on marine environmental law issues so that both natural resources and individual interests are protected.
- Passenger and boating legal rights — Without proper advice on passenger and boating legal rights, someone who is hurt on a cruise ship or other type of vessel might not secure the relief they are entitled to. The firm serves as a strong advocate for victims of negligent medical care, disappearances, food poisoning and other harmful accidents.
- Maintenance and cure claims — The firm handles maintenance and cure claims so that seafarers who are hurt during the course of their work receive payment for basic living needs, medical care and unearned wages while they are recuperating.
- Unseaworthiness and Jones Act claims — Meister Law vigorously litigates unseaworthiness and Jones Act claims to hold negligent vessel owners accountable when they fail to take proper safety measures to protect seafarers.
Complicated rules and jurisdictional issues often frustrate victims of maritime accidents. Attorney Meister will clearly explain your legal rights and offer a comprehensive evaluation of your case. If you have a claim arising from a maritime injury, Attorney Meister has the dedication, experience and skill to maximize your chance of obtaining a favorable result. Meister Law handles most cases on a contingency basis, so you do not pay legal fees or costs unless and until you secure a financial recovery.
Experienced maritime law expert represents clients worldwide
Attorney Meister’s experience in maritime law is unparalleled. She has devoted her entire career to helping boaters, crew members, cruise passengers, seafarers and maritime disaster victims obtain justice. You can rest assured that Attorney Meister has the dedication, experience and skill to help you secure the best possible results. With more than 14 years of experience helping individuals who have been hurt on the water, Attorney Meister has earned a reputation for delivering counsel that is:
- Knowledgeable — Board-certified in admiralty and maritime law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education, Attorney Meister has a wealth of information at her command. She has served in a variety of leadership positions in the maritime legal field, including as a former chair of the American Association for Justice’s Admiralty Law Section and The Florida Bar’s Admiralty Law Committee. She has also been included on the Florida Super Lawyers list. Attorney Meister handles complex maritime legal matters to help secure the best results for her clients.
- Responsive— Each Meister Law client receives personal attention and the utmost respect. Attorney Meister explains your legal rights and the legal process. Meister Law only represents individuals harmed by ship or boat owners and employers. We are dedicated to getting the best result for you! We understand that you are going through a difficult time and do our very best to bring your case to a timely, successful conclusion. Your case will be handled from start to finish by a qualified attorney who truly cares about your welfare.
- Strong — Attorney Meister has diligently sought justice for her clients for more than 14 years. As a former seafarer and avid boater, she understands the unique aspects of being at sea. The combination of her practical maritime experience and her maritime legal expertise and experience provides her with special insight into maritime accidents. She is a strong advocate who fights for the rights of her clients. She vigorously pursues a successful outcome for each client.
Contact a dedicated maritime law expert for a free initial consultation
It takes a qualified attorney to protect your legal rights effectively. This is especially true in cases involving accidents that occur on the water, because many special rules apply. Meister Law represents clients in a full range of maritime and admiralty law matters. Please call 786-623-4162 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Attorney Tonya Meister has the skill, experience and determination to help you win a proper financial recovery.