Accomplished Miami Maritime Attorney Litigates Jones Act Claims
SKILLED FLORIDA FIRM REPRESENTS SEAFARERS INJURED THROUGH OTHERS’ NEGLIGENCE
Federal protection exists for seafarers who are hurt due to the negligence of their employers or co-workers. The Jones Act is a U.S. statute that provides crew members the ability to recover money for injuries that were caused by the negligence of their employers or fellow co-workers. Employers have a duty to provide a reasonably safe place to work and reasonably safe tools and equipment. They are required to have and enforce safety rules. Under the Jones Act, seafarers can recover damages for medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering if their employer’s negligence contributed to the incident. Meister Law helps protects the rights of injured crew members.
DEDICATED LAWYER HANDLES ALL TYPES OF HARMFUL SHIPBOARD INCIDENTS
With nearly fifteen years of experience handling admiralty and maritime law cases, Attorney Meister is familiar with the numerous types of harmful situations that can affect those working on a ship. Meister Law is committed to protecting seafarers’ legal rights in claims relating to:
- Excessive or overtime duty requirements — Fatigue can trigger a dangerous lack of attention to detail and impairment. Maritime regulations limit the number of work hours for safety reasons. If fatigue or overwork is a factor in your incident, Meister Law can seek hold the liable parties to account.
- Improper training — Proper training and supervision is essential for a safe work environment. Attorney Meister investigates whether workers were adequately trained and prepared for their job.
- Negligent hiring or supervision of employees — It is an employer’s responsibility to ensure that each person on a ship is of a proper disposition, capable of working safely and is monitored to ensure compliance with rules and procedures.
- Failure to maintain safe equipment or conditions — Hazards such as spills, faulty equipment and obstructed passageways present a serious dangers to crew members. Meister Law reviews the facts in each Jones Act claim to determine every instance of carelessness that led to the incident.
- Failure to provide prompt, proper and adequate medical care — Attorney Meister represents crew members in cases where they have been harmed by improper medical care or the assignment of jobs they were physically unsuited to perform. Through a comprehensive evaluation, Meister Law can determine if proper standards were followed.
Attorney Meister’s experience handling Jones Act claims provides her clients with the proven counsel they deserve. She will review your situation during a free initial consultation so that you fully understand your legal options.
Contact a skilled Florida Jones Act attorney for a free initial consultation
Meister Law represents clients in Jones Act claims as well as other maritime and admiralty law matters. Please call 786-623-4162 or contact her online to schedule a free initial consultation.